Cracked by: Codeh
Instant business cards recognition right on the iPhone!
It works on iPhone 3GS. For older iPhone models macro lens attachment is necessary!
Import contact information right from business card to your iPhone contacts, just take a photo of the business card and New Contact is added!
Business Card Reader takes photo, then "reads" it using text recognition technology made by ABBYY and enters complete and accurate contact info into appropriate fields of the iPhone address book.
There is no need in boring manual retyping of all names, phone numbers, emails etc. from business cards anymore!
Recognizes English, French, Italian, German and Spanish business cards.
Added Value: In a built-in browser it is possible to make automated LinkedIn search of a scanned contact and read LinkedIn profile without leaving the Business Card Reader app.
Embedded browser uses the same filtering as Safari: if Safari is disabled this app will also turn off the browser.
Business Card Reader is a great value and excellent tool for business professionals, exhibitors at trade shows, exhibitions attendees and sales personnel.
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Put business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is a key factor: at least a bright desk lamp or direct sunlight on a sunny day is necessary.
3. On iPhone 3GS make sure the camera is focused on the business card. On older models you should use 3rd party additional lenses to get good
4. Hold the iPhone right above the card. Keep the card aligned with viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
5. Hold the iPhone firmly and take the picture.
6. After recognition is done, it's a good idea to check the result, since no OCR software yet can guarantee 100% result.
In next version we will add business card holder to save the original photos of business cards along with the contact details.
- No special equipment is required for using the app on iPhone 3GS since its camera allows to take photo of good enough quality.
- If you are using iPhone 2G or 3G, you may need additional gadgets to improve photo quality, such as Griffin Clarifi.
- Since iPod Touch doesn't have built-in camera, it's possible to recognize business cards only from saved images.
ABOUT SHAPE SERVICES
SHAPE Services is a leading mobile apps development company. Since 2002, IM+ and other SHAPE's apps are recognized bestsellers on all mobile platforms. For more information please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Small UI change in French localization.