Cracked by: apathy96
JotNot converts your iPhone into a portable multipage scanner. You can use JotNot to scan multipage documents, receipts, whiteboards, business cards and notes into PDF files; email scans directly; or upload them to iDisk/WebDav, Evernote, Box.net or Google Docs where they can be shared with others.
All the image processing happens on your iPhone so confidential data remains under your control. JotNot works forever, there's no subscription fee, and you don't need Internet access to process documents.
Special Note: Take advantage of our integration with Google’s OCR engine to upload an editable text version of your scans into your Google Docs account.
JotNot is more than just a camera app. It uses proprietary image processing
(similar to the imaging technology used in flatbed scanners) to automatically remove shadows, correct contrast and adjust white balance, so that your scanned documents come out looking as crisp and clear as possible every time.
JotNot will attempt to automatically detect the document in the image making it easy to remove the information you don’t want in the scan -- like the stuff lying around your desk: pens, coffee mugs, loose change, etc.
OS 3.1.2 users can take advantage of our built-in image stabilization feature
for best results. JotNot will take a picture when you hold the camera perfectly still.
Here is what the press has to say about JotNot:
"I’ve found that if you take the picture carefully, JotNot can capture a document as well as a fax machine can. And, of course, it’s much easier to carry around."
» The New York Times, July 2009
"I am amazed at how readable the processed images are."
» MacWorld UK / The Industry Standard
"The application works perfectly for casually taking photographs of your documents to ensure that you don’t lose them, and is one that I’ll probably wind up using pretty frequently."
This update (2.1) has many features including:
• Multipage support,
• Automatic edge detection,
• WebDAV/iDisk support,
• Google Docs integration,
• Box.net integration,
• Camera stabilization,
• Automated backup of scans,
• A simple, easy to use interface,
• Ability to email scans as PDFs, PNGs, or JPEGs
• Presets for receipts, documents, and more
• Automatic paper sizing: Letter, Legal, or A4
• Ability to save to the Photo Library
• Ability to import from the Photo Library
• An extensive web-based help (under Settings => Help)
Using JotNot is easy:
1) Take or import a picture of a document
2) Select the area you want to save. Adjust the processing settings (by clicking the gear icon) and/or select the paper size (leaving it on "Auto" is fine).
3) Click "Process" to enhance the image. You will be shown a preview of the enhanced image.
There are many options for what you can do next, including:
• pinch to zoom
• add an additional page to the current document
• reprocess the page with different enhancement settings
• push to iDisk/WebDAV, Evernote, Google Docs, Box.net and email
• backup scanned items to zip archive
• rename scanned items
• reorder and delete pages
• and more ...
Here are a couple of tips to get the best quality scans:
• Make sure the document is flat
• Ensure that the document is well lit
• Use a preset mode when possible
• For faint text try maxing out the contrast
• If you have a 1st Gen or 3G iPhone, you MUST hold the phone at least
12 inches away to get a sharp image (due to the fixed focus lens).
• Try to use image stabilization if possible. If you have a 3GS, make sure the auto focus has time to engage.
We are actively developing JotNot and look forward to frequent updates.
Please take our survey at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to help us decide on future features.
- bug fixes.
Videos (How to Use the App - Demonstratrions):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]