Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This forum has been closed and no more support will be offered here! Don't worry! We have MOVED to:

www.iphonefans.info

To all existing and new members wanting to register here, visit the above website at our new forum and register yourself there!

Your NEW source for cracked Appstore and Cydia - Games & Apps, Themes and more! iPhoneFans.info

Thank you,

iPhoneFans Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bookmark
IE Users Only (Button):

Firefox Users:
Press Ctrl + D

Thank you!

Google Website Translator
Latest topics
» GBA Roms (.gba) + Bios File
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 am by zillionaire

» iFile 1.1.0-1
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:40 am by Heartbreaker

» Documents To Go® Premium v3.1
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:50 pm by Heartbreaker

» Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games v1.0.6
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:29 pm by hkay

» iFitness v9.58 [UPDATE]
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:22 pm by naagn95

» Brothers In Arms® 2: Global Front v1.09 [NEW]
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:19 pm by naagn95

» 2Do: A Stunning To Do List with Push and Sync v1.2.3
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:50 pm by iPhoneFans.tk

» Cricket T20 Fever v2.0
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:21 pm by hkay

» ibisMail - the first full-fledged email app v1.5.0
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 pm by naagn95

» Jot Not Scanner v2.1
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:47 pm by naagn95

» Bolt-IE Browser v3.5
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:42 pm by naagn95

» QuickOffice Mobile Suite v3.0.1
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:32 pm by naagn95

» Quota - Mobile, ISP, Traffic, Weather, News v12
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:26 pm by naagn95

» Rayman 2: The Great Escape [NEW]
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 am by iPhoneFans.tk

» TomTom Maps 1.2 and CoPilot Maps (IPA)
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:16 am by iPhoneFans.tk

» Where is my Phone? v1.0
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:28 am by kevdragster

» Need application
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:27 am by zillionaire

» Cycorder (ad free)
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:09 am by Scainer

» Nintendo DS Roms (.nds)
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:19 pm by Heartbreaker

» Nintendo 64 Roms (.v64 and .z64)
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 pm by Heartbreaker

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

iPhoneFans.tk

iPhoneFans.tk
Admin
Admin

Thanks to sunnycydup

Created this thread to capture my progress in developing/theming a realistic (functional) analog clock on the homescreen and/or lockscreen. The challenge was to make a more realistic looking clock that used .png images for all elements, including the hands, and shadow effects. Initially started with modifying the CoolClock script, but switched to the CSS3 version (open source) once discovered here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Ultimately, was able to develop using an .html widget/wallpaper that incorporated background wallpapers and overlays. It's coded using CSS3
and jquery, and introduces a "rotate" function. (FYI - the rotate function can only be viewed with Safari and Chrome browsers.)

So, this was my goal (image is a mock-up) ... and the finished version (actual screenshot)
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen IMG_0633-1 [Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen IMG_0650

Here's how it progressed. First pass - recreated the background clock dial from my original image, added and configured the Cool Clock script...
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen IMG_0629

Second pass - enhanced the script and introduced a bordered effect... and third pass - introduced a more realistic look to the hands - still script, not images:
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen IMG_0635 [Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen IMG_0642

EXAMPLES, LINKS, INSTALLATION, AND NOTES:

Examples of round and square clocks (scroll through the thread for other examples created by both myself and other Xsellizers [thanks!]):

Blue Stripes ... and Black Stitched
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen IMG_0662 [Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen IMG_0688

Blue Stripes Download Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Black Stripes Download Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
UPDATE 2010.01.13: Lexs has kindly provided a download for a lockscreen version here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen 1zwot4l [Theme] Realistic Analog Clock for Homescreen Ejskls

Both are provided in Download with Notifications

For Notifications to work you require Lockinfo and have it enabled to on in iPhone settings

If you do not want the Notifications these can be deleted from the file Just remove Bundles file

To change Notifications to icons of your choice go to Bundles/com.ashman/Private/Notifiericons

If you require the Unlock slider let me know

I have used sunnycydup wallpaper and clock from page1

If you want a different wallpaper post and I will do that for you

Here is the Download: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have Fun

INSTALLATION:

1) Unzip files. Open Widget folder, and navigate to Widgets/Configs/Weather-Config.js.
2) Locate the following string:
var locale = "XXXXX"

3) Replace XXXXX with your zip/country code.
4) Using SSH or other file transfer app, upload Round (Square) Clock.theme and Widgets to /Library/Themes.
5) Activate in WinterBoard. Make sure Widgets is above Round (Square) Clock.theme.
6) When used on homescreen, create blank icons to satisfy your layout.

Notes:
1) This beta release contains sample wallpapers and overlays. The PSD is supplied on Page 5 of this thread.
2) Only default homescreen icons are included - you can use any set that you want.
3) Please report any problems/issues/requests. Aside from the text
icons, I won't be able to fulfill any requests for customized icons.
4) Post your mods here for sharing. Smile

Note1: Citizen and Rolex watch versions coming soon. (Continued issue
related to clock hands and overlay for the Citizen watch - trying to
resolve.)

Thanks to:
- Patrese for his widgets
- BlueMetal for the default homescreen icons (used with permission)
- Lexs for the lockscreen mod
- the unknown creative talents who generated the additional sample wallpapers (leathers and black fabric modified by me)
- and all those who've provided inputs and suggestions, and support of this concept.

Thanks,

Admin

https://iphonefans.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum